1904 School Building


In 1904, a stone mason, Al Turlock, was contracted to build the first public school building in Hominy.

The stones used in the construction were quarried from the hills west of town.

The building now serves as the administrative offices for the Hominy Public School District.


The Early History of Hominy, Oklahoma

by Joe D. Haines, Jr.